Removing Permanent Marker Pen

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
My nephew has drawn a lovely scribble on my bedroom wallpaper with a black permanent marker pen (I think it is meant to be a smiley face). Does anybody have any ideas on how to get this off.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Sorry - I'm afraid I don't. However, I do know a fairly cheap way of getting rid of really dark paint (dark purple - I was obviously having a crisis!). Rather than spending a fortune on all the coats of paint needed to get rid of a dark colour instead I opted for wallpaper as it was only on one wall. I know I know, it's all the fashion and surely becoming really really dull now but actually it looks great and didn't cost that much at all.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
It sounds like a good reason to redecorate some of your house! Maybe it could also be used as an educational experience for your nephew - how often has he done that in his own home.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
Well, I guess that there is a good reason why it is called 'permanent marker' - it marks permanently.
If it didn't do that, the manufacturers would be liable under the trades description act.