PS3 stopped playing games after 18 months.

sparku7

Jun 29, 2009
Hi There

I have been trying to claim a replacement ps3 under the sale of goods act from play.com as the blu-ray drive has gone on it. They are not willing to replace as I need to prove the fault is inherent. My issue is that I believe it is only sony that can provide a fault report and I doubt they will provide one saying their own product is inherently faulty. I know this is obviously an inherent fault as I have read many accounts of this on the internet and even on this site. Can anyone give me any guidance??

Thanks
Mark

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
They are within their rights to ask for this report - there are lots of console repair places or even a statment from your local computer repair shop should do. Make sure they are happy with who you choose because if it is faulty they will have to pay for this report too.

Have you tried phoning Sony direct they might just replace it for free - they did with mine when it was 17 month old. There is a thread here that you should read.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/technology/4101-replacement-ps3-problem-advice-7.html

Tony

sparku7

Jun 29, 2009
Yeah, I tried phoning sony and they said I would have to pay. I'll look into getting a report, thanks.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Let us know how you get on and whether you need any more help

Cheers

Tony