Furniture of today - opinions please

jazmin2309

Banned
Dec 23, 2008
Furniture styles have changed dramatically over the years with urniture today taking a really unique and abstract design and style.
Just look at a company like Ikea - their furniture has a style which is unique to them, funky, retro and unsual with colour schemes that quite often you wouldnt put together yourself.
What are your opinions on how furniture has changed through the years? Do you prefer modern and creative or do you prefer the more traditional wooden styles?

Jaz

GekkoHQ

Jul 8, 2009
I like Asian style furniture, especially Oriental furniture like Chinese antiques and reproduction furniture. Those usually bold painted designs feature reds, golds and black. Typically made of rosewood, love the smell.

jazmin2309

Banned
Dec 23, 2008
Hi gekko HQ!
Yes this is a really nice style. I especially like antque chinese as it has alot of character and depth in the wood.
It also holds its value well. With most of it being handcrafted you are guaranteed to get some really unique pieces.

Jaz

nothingbutepic

Oct 14, 2015
England
If you are interested in beautiful chandeliers, French style furniture you can found a lot of collection of French style Furniture at "French Bedroom Company"

BarbaraJMcAnally

Jul 6, 2016
I prefer traditional ones. Oriental styles are preferable too. It offers a rustic look that is extremely nice to look at. and it goes well with several designs.

MichaelTMackey

Jul 13, 2016
Traditional ones never go out of style. Even if new designs come out ever once in a while, traditional designs always have that special flair.

ruletheworld

Aug 20, 2016
UK
You can find pretty much everything nowadays, just need to check the quality all the time.
But even cheap furniture look great if you are thinking to replace it with new in couple of years.

TonyWright

Aug 30, 2016
id suggest looking at a company called kingswellhome .co.uk they have some real different styles of oak furniture on their, I recently ordered a z style oak dining table from their and it is beautiful.

ruletheworld

Aug 20, 2016
UK
If you are interested in beautiful chandeliers, French style furniture you can found a lot of collection of French style Furniture at "French Bedroom Company"
Never heard about them before, how long are they on the market?
Or where I can read reviews about them?

ruletheworld

Aug 20, 2016
UK
I also noticed popular to buy cowhide furniture and outdoors stuff nowadays. I have just visited furniture exhibition, so most compamies are selling this kind of things.

Brenden

Oct 16, 2021
Functionality is also important, especially if the living space is small. Here, every piece of furniture should be used as efficiently as possible.

Markose

Oct 16, 2021
If you like the furniture externally, you need to consider its functionality from the point of view of your specific situation. For example, if the apartment is large, and you are planning to buy several wardrobes, then you can not really find fault with the volume of each separate storage of things. You can take bespoke wooden coffee tables for you in https://cosywood.co.uk/coffee-tables/
If it doesn't interest you or you honestly don't like it, don't waste your time.

Annawest23

Dec 20, 2021
It is true that furniture styles have been changed over the years. Different wood designs are now used for furniture. People love furniture that is unique and beautiful. I personally prefer new styles of furniture especially furniture with pyrography art. Pyrography is the art of burning images into wood surfaces. To complete these projects artist uses different tools like wood burning tools, pens, and pen tips to achieve lines, shading, and other beginner techniques.

Furniture of pyrography art is not easy to make because the artist has to pay full attention to the work to make it beautiful otherwise you will see burn marks on wood that look messy. And then they have to find how to clean wood burning tips that is also difficult to handle. That is why i like new designs of furniture because it requires hard work and the final look is amazing

Last edited:

bergenfurniturenj

Dec 22, 2021
If we talk about furniture styles in the past 12 to 15 years, they were great and perfect for the house, but today's styles are more modern, comfortable, and appropriate for today's lifestyle and reputation.