I need glasses

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I need glasses. I have needed glasses for a very long time and have kept putting off going to the opticians. I'm now squinting all the time. It's been about seven years since my last eye test. All was well then. Now I am faced with the expense of an eye test and glasses, which I know won't come cheap. Has anyone any advice on choosing an optician, any good deals about at the moment, or any free eye test vouchers?

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I have heard that Specsavers are very cheap. I have never used them and have always spent a fortune on glasses (it's just the expensive ones have so far been the only ones I have put on my head and people haven't fallen on the floor laughing). I don't have to pay for any eye tests so can't really help you there. Sorry.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Thanks Rachelle. I think it will be Specsavers, their eye tests are reasonably priced and glasses are 2 for 1 at the moment. I did pop in to a small local opticians, where they seemed very friendly and helpful, but I had to wait nearly 10 minutes to be seen to, and was then told that they couldn't fit me in for an eye test for 2 weeks. They didn't seem to have many frames to choose from either.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Specsavers are cheap, just don't expect a great service. Get what you pay for I suppose.

If you have the cash to flash, go with Vision Express. But I admit they are expensive, I couldn't afford them a few months ago due to my son coming along.