It is worth bargaining.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
As always, it is obviously worth bargaining for business. We needed a couple of rooms carpeting, and visited some suppliers. Having decided on the carpet we found the person who had some authority to negociate - we got free fitting, free taking up and disposal of the old carpet and a decent reduction on the asking price. For that we accomodated the company by ensuring that they had a clear room to work in, both rooms had the same carpet.
Seeing as they had several fitters and vans hanging around, it seemed a reasonable conclusion that they would provide extra work which would not effectively cost them anything - so we tried and it worked.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
And I got a tree cut down for half the quoted price as I said that I would help him lug all the branches out to the van. Hard work but saved me a fortune that another man would have cost.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Bargaining, haggling and favours for favours certainly seems to be a lot more common over the past couple of years than I can ever remember it being before. Earlier in the year I got my floor tiles fitted for free in exchange for a dozen old fence panels that had been taking up space in the garage for months. A win win situation.