consumer credit

Andymc

Jul 27, 2009
My son bought a second hand car last friday at a dealers garage. He was not provided with coies of the finance agreement and was told they would send copies in the post. He wishes to cancel the agreement and return the car. I have been reading up on the CCA, it says the agreement can be cancelled before all parties have signed the agreement. would this include the actual lender which is a high street bank. He is unemployed too. Please advise if he can end the agreement

Andymc

Jul 27, 2009
Hi Tony it was arranged by the garage who used a pre signed credit agreement provided by Barclays Partner Finance. It appears the garage is authorised to sign the agreement and the money was transferred within 24 hours. We were hopeful of withdrawing in the time it would have taken for the agreement to be sent to and authorised by Barclays. It appears someone "sexed up" the proposal with fraudulent emplyment information to make his application go through. According to the application, my son has been in FT permanent employment since age 14! Any thoughts?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I assume that your son didn't sign the contract. If that is the case he can cancel it and the good news is that because it was arranged by the dealer the sale is cancelled too. If he had arranged the finance himself he would still have entered an agreement to buy the car with or without finance.

Tony