Meter Readings

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Why do I get so many meter reading requests? It seems that there is always somebody at my front door asking to read the meter. How often should I expect someone to pop in to read the meter?

hip-consultant.co.uk

Premium Member
Mar 13, 2009
www.hip-consultant.co.uk
Why do I get so many meter reading requests? It seems that there is always somebody at my front door asking to read the meter. How often should I expect someone to pop in to read the meter?
I am unsure of the reccommended number of times your meter should be read. However, in is preferable to get accurate readings rather than estimates as estimates maybe quite inaccurate.

This could lead you to paying much more or much less than required, neither being a good thing in my opinion.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
You are very right, of course. Ok, I'll try to smile when I let the meter man/woman in next time!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Meter Man just came around again yesterday and so this time I remembered to ask him the question. Apparently meters need to be read every three months. Which isn't actually that intrusive at all. I guess time just seems to be flying at the moment!