Under warranty BUT: "been discontinued and therefore no replacement"

joejoe

Aug 3, 2009
I have a Babyliss Shaver from Argos, which has a 3 year guarantee, I am well with in my guarantee time and it has broken.

Conair who made it say:
Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be advised we regret to inform you that your model 7261BU
BaByliss Aqua Shave & Groom has been discontinued and therefore no
longer part of our range and stock of all spare parts for this model
have been exhausted.

With apologies for being unable to help you on this occasion.
I can't believe this to be correct surely it is irrelevant they should simply replace it with a different model???

What do I say to them?
Please help, thank you

Joe

ajaybee

Aug 4, 2009
warranties and guarantees

JoeJoe
It is important to remember that both warranties and guarantees are in addition to your statutory rights under either the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) or the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (as amended). If you have problems with goods or services, it is best to go back to the company from which you bought them, as the law considers them to be responsible for any problems under their contract with you.

I can’t imagine Argos giving you any problems but before you ask them for a refund I’d recommend having a chat to Consumer Direct on 08454040506. This is a telephone and online consumer advice service, which is supported by local authorities and by the Office of Fair Trading.

joejoe

Aug 3, 2009
Thanks that is very helpful information! I will try as you have advised, Thanks again.