Wish you could find a half loaf of bread somewhere?

Danny_Frank

Aug 7, 2009
Hi there :):)

My name is Danny and we represent Hovis and their 'half a loaf' or 400g loafs of bread. I along with a huge number of people have been searching high and wide for a convenient half loaf of bread .And that is what Hovis have done a while back and now offering 20p of the 400g range of loafs.

Not sure if you've seen them but It's 20p off a convenient loaf of bread that you would comfortably probably go through in a week without having to chuck the rest away.

Hovis are encouraging smaller families, singles and students to save money and bread with this smaller loaf, and although 20p may not seem like a lot, over a year it will save you £10! and think of all the things you could do with £10.....I'll leave that up to you.

BigTom

Aug 19, 2009
Morrison's do a 'fresh for 7 days' loaf for about 75p that I've bought quite a lot. It does indeed stay fresh (ish) for about a week, and is as nice as other cheaper loaves.

Personally I think nearly a pound for a loaf of bread is a bit silly but I don't use the breadmaking oven we've got anywhere near as much as I should. Still, my flaws shouldn't be your downfall.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I'm sure that not so long ago I heard of a revolutionary concept called a freezer.

It's great, you put stuff in it and it stays fresher for longer. :rolleyes:

kimrh

Apr 24, 2009
The half a loaf thing is such a good idea - before you could just get half loaves but the size of the bread was much smaller - this is a much better alternative! :)