Paying for Parking

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
It seems that everywhere these days requires you to pay for parking. I have been going to beaches recently and have got to pay for the privilege of parking by the beach now, not in a official car park but on a stretch of grassland with a man sitting on a chair looking burly demanding some dosh. Also, why on earth do I have to pay at the gym car park when I have already paid my membership fees? I think it's outrageous.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Do you not feel that these days we are being ripped off for every penny any way we turn.

We have a couple of villages close to us where parking has always been free to attract custom but recently they have been bought by management companies who now charge for parking and are killing what business these places had, the car parks are always empty and no doubt customers are going to the retail parks where parking is free.

What annoy me even more are hospitals that charge for parking, no doubt preventing some people from visiting as often as they would and penalising the most vulnerable people in society.