errrr help needed :(

heloop897

Aug 14, 2009
Hiya,

Wondered if I could have some help opinion to .
Where do I start bear with me,
MY partner and I went to a second hand car dealers to look for a car,
basical we wanted to part ex ours for another and add cash to.
we were given the choice of two cars with Ours was given a quick glance .We decided on a car the man went in with a part ex price for ours being £1000 and £1600 difference to pay .
Which was fine went in gave a stupid amount deposit the man then took our e car for a test drive . Came back and stated he needed to talk to his partner due to there being a noise on the back of our car .We said right ok wat about me deposit on the deposit paper he stated "subject to agreement by xxxxxxxx due to road test deposit of xxxxx fully refundable if agreement not reached". To pick car up at 1 on sat.
He was suppose to ring us the following tue to let us know his decision .
well he didnt ring I was put off untill I recieved a phone call fri late pm to state they wanted me to take my car for there macanic to see it .
In which again I was told they would ring me with a day and time etc.
Nothing happen So I rang and was eventually booked in for tue.
Took the car It was taken away for half hour came back and was told the car had a fault which I know there isnt and told they could only give me £500 for my car original agreement was £1000.
So I wouldn't be able to have the original car I looked at wasn't even given the option.
As I felt I was being messed about I requested my deposit back in which I was told I could have it back but it will take a couple of day to go through I should recieve it by cheque in 3 days time.
Well its the end of the week and no cheque so I rang today to be told they want written notification for the deposit which is annoying cause they could have told me this last week .
So advice please whats the best thing to put in writing and can I give them a certain amount of days to send me the cheque .
Thank you finding this a bit stressfull now .
thanks helen

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I think a simple letter should do the trick. I am guessing that they want some written record. If they do not respond to your letter let us know

Tony

heloop897

Aug 14, 2009
hiya,
thanks Tony Be sending the letter mon morn by recorded delivery, in mean time I have found some dirt on this company through reviews on the net andtheres 3 bad reviews so im a little worried now , also can I give them a certain amount of time to send me the cheque? .
Thanks Helen

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
If you are worried get Trading Standards involved by phoning Consumer Direct. Believe it or not they have 30 days to issue a refund.