Want a refund, what are my rights?

rob_brum

Sep 3, 2009
I bought a 1k white gold engagement ring from Goldsmiths, after about 2 weeks it started going dull, we took it back to the shop and they agreed it wasnt right and re-rolled it white gold.

Again after about three weeks it happened again, we took it back to the shop and again the shop agreed there was a problem and said they would replace it which they did, as my partner was pregnant at the time she wasnt wearing it all the time, but again recently noticed it going the same way, again we went back to the shop and spoke to the manager, who again agreed it wasnt right and said she wouldnt be happy if she was in our position, however all they keep trying to say it they will replace it, which we arent really happy about now, we want the money back and will go else where.

We are due to go back to the shop on sat, and I have a feeling they will say they cant give a refund as it it outside there 30 day money back policy.

So what can i do / where do i stand?

From my point of view the ring is faulty/ not fit for purpose so even though its outside the 30 days should still be able to get a refund?

I also paid for it on my credit card, if im not happy can i complain to my credit card company and go down that route?

Any other suggestions?

Regards
Rob

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Rob,

The 30 day warranty is in addition to your statutory rights. As you have had it replaced so many times it is reasonable to expect arefund now. Mention the Sale of Goods Act - see the link below

Tony