Don't Get Done Get Dom

dontgetdonegetdom

Sep 11, 2009
Consumer champion Dominic Littlewood is back for a new BBC 1 series of Don't Get Done Get Dom.
If you feel you've been treated unfairly by a company please call 0207 598 7210

mills

Jul 2, 2011
recently ordered travel cash to be delivered via traveex n royal mail anyhow it never arrived after tngoing woth travelex via net and them with mail whilst on hols in china ,mail claim it delivered to my home n signed for so travex send scan to me via web it clearly wasnt my sig so i complete online form and scan copy of my sig on passport and sent as requsted ,mail still say it delver to and cannot comp ,now travex want crime no from police and will re emberse i think but how much comp should i expect as its cost me time and money as well as my holiday coming up short due to lack of funds?

gwen

Aug 5, 2011
Hi, how can I get a message to Dom ,is this the right site ? I feel so despondent and cheated . Please advise me. We are pensioners aged 80years and 88 years old. We upgraded our kitchen in 2008 .We wanted a new kitchen worktop in granite and to house a sink and hob.We chose local large company with good website information. We specifically asked for a template measurement,this was a sum of £300.00 which was included in the estimate We agreed the price £2900.00 approx.We were told to have the sink and hob with manufacturers specifications in the kitchen for the man to take measurements for theTemplate and also remove our old worktop prior to mearsuring of the kitchen top.We paid 50% of the total money on the template day and agreed to pay the rest on the completion date . which was one week later.After the workmen had left we found that the hole was too small and the hob was left leaning 3 to 4 inches up the wall. The Works Manager said that our base units were too narrow. We were never informed of that until after the granite was fitted and all of our money was in their bank It's a long story, it dosn't get better please help Gwen

clive

Aug 7, 2011
how do i get a message to mr d littlewood

i am not happy with the sevicer off price-drop which my dad ordered 'Decades' 40 CD Collection from the tv channel
when they phone us back they spoke to my dad and cos he is def in one ear he cant hear so he asked them if they would talk to his son and they said yes so he passed them over to me and they wouldnt talk to me. then they said we needed to phone the customer service and they changed my dads pin so he can order over the phone and then they told us that we have missed out on the 'Decades' 40 CD Collection and have to wait til it comes on the tv again my dad asked them if he could just order them over the phone and they said no so we have missed out on wot we want and they didnt help me dad in anyway.

they told as to go on to their website to see when it was coming back onto the tv channel and it was more then we ordered it for and also they said there is an aution so we could be paying more for this item.

so i hope you can help with my problem

thanks

marie dixon

Aug 12, 2011
hi dom, please can you help me get some jewlery back.
i donated a bag of hoover spare parts to a local charity advertising itself as "freecycle " - give and take on a local market store here in chester.
i am 64 years old and sometimes forget where i put things.
over the past 30 years my italian partner has given me some really nice and valuable peices of italian 18 ct. gold which i had put in a jewlery pouch and have pictures of my wearing them. i really did forget i had hidden them in my hoover parts bag until my partner came over from italy and reminded me where i had put them together with him at end of may. i remembered i had put them in with the parts and whom i had given them to, and remember full well saying to mr. button i have some hoover spare parts here if you think that anyone would like them.
the jewlery bag contained about £1.500 of jewlery and some priceless non monetery value items my sister gave me before she emmigrated to australia 30 years ago.

i went to see mr. button who at first said that he does not open packages given to him but puts them straight on his stall. he then said he had brought the jewlery to someone else as he cant tell gold from silver.. he went away for 5 minutes and said that he did see a necklace but that it was from a shop called pastimes and of little. value.

i asked him to do the decent thing and give them back to me as the rings and necklace were meant for my grandchildren on my demise. he refused so i went to the police who said they could not arrest him as i had freely given him the bag with the jewlery. the police officers did go to see him and i do have an incident number but as mr. button told the police that he had put the jewlels out on his store for people to take i cannot prove otherwise in the magestrates court which would cost me £95.00 to lodge, anyway. the other person mr. button went to see turned out to be his daughter who operates a card shop in the same market.

i always watch your programme andsee you as some sort of hero and i do hope that you can be there for me. people do some really nasty things to each other and i am convinced that the decent thing for mr. button to have done was to come and see me and not sell my lovely things. thank you in advanace.marie dixon. 07749554087

i always watch your

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I think it is unlikely that Dom is actually reading this, as it is an independent forum, not a BBC forum, however, the original poster did post a phone number:

0207 598 7210

I hope this number helps you solve you're problems.

Persephone

Apr 27, 2012
My name is Alex I live in Newcastle Upon Tyne for over 7 year. In December 2007 I decided to have laser hair removal in Laser Beauty Clinics (Eldon Square). The offer was very attractive with some discounts. I went for Consultation and patch test and I paid 747£ for all 6 treatments advanced, that was a deal. But first treatment was rubbish( there was not usuall effect of laser on my legs at all..I know how it should work cause I had treatment in Sk:n Clinic and was good) and I wanted my money back. It was only 3 days later after I paid in clinic, the person with who I spoke said it is not possible to get my money back..she did not gave me a reason. So I decided to have second treatment if it was paid already anyway..They said they are so busy and they cant find any day before 29th March which I found strange..cause it such a long time..3 months?? treatment should be every 6-8 weeks!! When I was trying to call them again to book appointment I found out I was right that I felt something was wrong...the place vanished!!!! they bankrupt!!!!!
Later I had recived papers from Begbies Traynor that I cannot claim any money back cause I paid by Debit Card...that is so frustrating cause I collect money for that treatment for a long time for medical reasons. After all that years many calls and letters I have lost almost all my hope..

Regards Alex

Kevin64h

May 7, 2012
Dear Dom
We feel so embarrassed about this story I'm about to tell you we've never been able to tell anyone until now.
In April 2005 while holidaying in Tenerife and strolling through playa de las americas my wife and I were approached by a 'time share salesman' having never seen a presentation before we decided to have a look, and guess what, we were stupid enough to purchase into the fantastic holiday of a lifetime club run by 'Carpe Diem'.
We spent the next few months on our return trying to book a holiday with the holiday system somewhere where WE wanted to go, at the time WE wanted to go, when we made our dissapointments known to the booking agent at Carpe Diem we were given a free holiday at a fantastic new resort in Tenerife. Again when we returned to England we tried booking holidays again and then saw the news article regarding 'Carpe Diem' warning people about this holiday company that could never deliver - can you imagine how sick I felt having parting with £14950.00. I could never tell anyone about this, not even family, how stupid were we?
Then in September 2011 we were given a lifeline, a chance to get some of our money back, A man who introduced himself as Michael from A&L Services, told me about our Carpe Diem membership and the possibility of getting our deposit back for a up front fee of £375 and on completion we would have to pay another £375, we were then contacted by Michael who further explained the process and gave us three telephone numbers of previous customers who confirmed the deal when questioned. We paid the £375 and sent the requested copies of our membership of Carpe Diem, in due course received a letter confirming our payment and A&L Services intentions to pursue claim for our deposit of £3000. We were next contacted in November by Ray regarding the membership we had taken with Carpe Diem giving us a 'True Income Return Programme' and to pursue this they would need a further payment of £1495.00 explaining that this was a payment insisted by three solicitors posted in England, Spain and Gibraltar who were dealing with the claim. Alarm bells were starting to sound in our heads and we expressed our concerns, we were then contacted by Stewart who introduced himself as the Owner/Director of A&L Services, and went on to explain what the money was for, and when we should see some return, he confirmed that he would not be able to pursue the claim without this payment and said that we should expect a return of approximately £29900.00, me and my wife talked about it over Christmas and in the new year decided to pay the money by opening a post office account and transferring the money into their account as suggested by Ray and Stewart at A&L Services. In February we received another telephone call that the claim had been accepted and an 'Authorisation Letter' to allow A&L Services to act on our behalf was required at a further cost of £2500.00, my refusal to pay and an explanation of why was met with a proposal from Stewart that he would be willing to pay this amount as a gesture of good will and on completion of the claim, with no guarantee, we would pay the amount of £2500.00 and £375 which was invested on our behalf.
The date we were told that we should see some return by came and we still had not received an authorisation letter from A&L Services so I contacted Ray who telephoned me back and explained that the claim had been accepted and was waiting for my signed authorisation letter, but was now in the hands of Stewart. The authorisation letter was sent to me attached to an E-mail on 11th May 2012, the letter did not look official so we decided to have a look at the solicitors address mentioned in the letter, which appeared to be an unlabelled door in Taunton.
WHAT DO I DO NOW
We decided to write to yourself - please help if you can, we are aware we should not have let it get this far, but that doesn't alter the fact we are now £16820.00 out of pocket and if this is broadcast perhaps we could stop it happening to someone else.
Waiting in hope Kevin and Janet

garry

Mar 23, 2014
hello everbody i brought a sechand car from vehicle supermarket of nuneaton back in october 2013 so only had car 5 months it has gone wrong 5 times which has been repaired by company but i did have to pay half on one repair it has now has 2 further problems but the company has sent me an email as the finace is done in house its reads that they will not assit me in anyway for repairs or to purchase another car i have told them abaut the implyed act 1973 reguards finace but doesnt seem to any afect also the sales of goods act 1979 where the goods are not as described but they are still reluctant to help nither will they terminate my hp agreement im looking at a bill of around £900 to fix i it has a 2 year warranty but they still wont help have emailed warranty company today 23/03/2014 so will wait for there reply can you help took 5k hp its going to cost me 10k when finished please can you help all i want is car to be wright thanks garry