Missing eyelashes

Emma

Sep 15, 2009
Hi my name is Emma and i am new and looking for advice :)
Last week i purchased a pair of eyelash curlers for my 11 year old daughter. It was my birthday on friday night, i couldn't find my eyelash curlers so i used my daughters ( still new and un used ) ones. When to my horror they cut of 2 big chunks of my eyelashes and sliced straight through the rubber shield! I was mortified as my eyelashes are my pride and joy. I complained to the company who have actually removed all stock from there nation wide stores because they are faulty and are recalling others sold. I have enquired about getting semi permanent eyelash extensions in the interim until my eyelashes grow back ( have been told could take up to 9 weeks) but am unable to do this as i have no eyelashes to bond false ones on with. The company have said they will give me a good will gesture ( vouchers and will not say how much) but i am not satisfied with this. What should i be asking for? Do i have a right to pursue this? I know it may seem silly but that could have been my eyelid and not my lashes!!! Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards Emma :(