second hand car from dealer - faults cont;

annieharris

Jun 12, 2009
Hi, I posted a thread back in June when I had just bought an '04 Pug 307SW from dealer, and faults arose within a week, which they 'fixed'. It had to go back a second time for same fault, which they fixed again. Now, 14 weeks on (i.e. 2 weeks after the warranty ran out...) the clutch has burnt out (not related to initial faults).

When looking for a second-hand car, I told the garage I needed the car to pull a small (under 1,000kg) caravan. They couldn't fit a tow-bar on site, we've had one fitted since @ £250. We have done one careful and uneventful journey with caravan (Aug 15/16th '09), a 3-hr drive total trip, no hills involved! No probs with clutch since, until last Sunday - it is now undriveable. Have been told by friend/mechanic it will cost £400-500 to fix.

Would I have any grounds under the Sale of Goods Act to request a fix or refund?

I have a 70 mile round trip to work/4 days per week, and have been borrowing various cars to get to work, so any speedy and helpful responses would be very welcome!!

Cheers
Annie