What's happening with property in your area?

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
I saw an article in the Guardian today that was illustrated with a map showing what was happening to house prices across England and Wales. Statistically, it looks there is still variation across the country, though most figures are on the way down.

Here in Glasgow there are a lot of houses on the market (mine included...) but sales are still happening, mostly outwith the one-bedroom flat area. Lots of building sites are sitting empty though as it isn't worth the builders' time to complete the development.

So what is happening in your area? Are houses selling at all, or are there loads of properties sitting on the market? Are housebuilders still building, or have they abandoned half-completed developments?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It is not great in Bolton I heard that one of the big local estate agents is going into administration.

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
I'm in South Bedfordshire and property prices have been falling for at least a year. They look to me to be about 5-10% down compared to when I bought a year ago. I am sure they are still building though - there are lots of new developments near me.