M&s returns help

joandru

Sep 21, 2009
Hi, 7 weeks ago I bought a suit with the assistance of a store rep. I removed the tags 2 days ago and tried my new suit jacket on. I noticed that one of the front buttons was about to fall off. So went ahead and ordered a replacement online. When I picked it up my from my local store I thought I would be able to just exchange jackets. I was told the jacket could be repaired but not that day. I needed the jacket for an interview the next day and therefore I had to buy the new jacket. They refused to exchange jackets and would not give me a refund for the faulty jacket as they said it was not a manufacturing fault. I now have two jackets, is there anything I can do?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
M&S are one of the leaders in customer service, but these well exceed your statutory rights.

1. For the jacket you have worn there is no obligation for them to refund it.
2. For the faulty jacket, they are not obliged to provide a refund and can offer a repair.

I would write to head office explaining the situation. I am sure they will give you a refund for at least one of them, but this would be a good will gesture.

HTH

Tony