Samsung 20" LCD TV broken after 17months?

jpetit

Sep 28, 2009
Hi my Samsung SM2032MW 20" Widescreen TV has given up. :( Last week it wouldnt turn on upon request I'd manage to get it on after 10minutes pressing on/off then the picture would flicker and i'd have to turn it off and on for another 5minutes to get the picture back that worked for a week but now it will no longer turn on and plug it in now it just makes a rythmic tappping noise with no picture, so safe to say it is bust.

I bought the TV from Amazon April 2008, thats 17months now, so its out of manufactors warranty. I've read some of the articles on here but I'd like some advice about what my first steps should be in an attempt to get it repaired or replaced and how to go about it? Cheers James :)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
You need to e-mail Amazon in the first instance stating that you would like the TV repaired. This article is about PS3's but the same advice applies.

Faulty Playstation 3 Rights | Consumer Information

They will write back with the response in the article, so you could, in anticipation of that, get an engineer's report completed to include with your first letter.

Best wishes

Tony