csl sofa

Bunrsie

Oct 5, 2009
Hi.

my sofa was delivered today. Unfortunately it didn’t fit, even though wee have measured.

They said they can try again or that, if i have to reselect a sofa it will cost me a £150

now is this £150 that gets me. i understand what it is for, but its the fact that this number has just been plucked from the sky. I have not been told in writing or verbally. I was not instructed about this by the sales person. When i asked about delivery he just said "if you have a normal front door, it will fit through". And i did fit through the front door.

Apparently they offer trail delivery to check spacing but this was also not offered?

any advice?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Bunrsie,

You are actually lucky as CSL are within their rights to refuse a refund or an exchange. However, they have a duty of care to point out that you need to check access and the place where it will go.

Some people are able to have a window out to get a sofa in - might be less that £150.

Tony

staceymarie76

May 21, 2012
ok lets get the warning out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CSL WILL SELL YOU A SOFA WITH INSURANCE - DO NO TAKE IT, IT IS A CON, I HAVE BEEN SENT TO 3 DIFFERENT INSURANCE COMPANIES IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS, THEY HAVE EVEN ASKED ME TO MAKE MY CLAIM FRAUDULENT BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T COVER "NORMAL WEAR AND TARE" THE SOFA ONLY 5 MONTHS OLD!!!! THE SOFA IS WEARING ON THE CUSHION AND CSL DO NOT WANT TO KNOW (DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHO MARY PORTAS WAS)!!!
CSL BLAME THE INSURANCE COMPANY AND VICE VERSA - I PAID 2000 CASH TO THEM AND THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED AT ALL IN RESOLVING THIS, DO NOT BUY FROM CSL IS ALL I CAN ADVISE BUT I WILL TAKE THIS EVERYWHERE AND NOT REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
This is not an insurance issue, it's a SOGA issue for which CSL are responsible.

Of course we know from numerous threads on this site how they feel they are above the law but the truth of the matter is, they're not.

Write a final letter of complaint to their Head Office (CSL) and tell them if you do not get a replacement suite or satisfactory repair, you will be claiming through the small claims court for the cost of the suite.

Gaz3395

Jul 20, 2013
Had our two 3 seat sofas less than 3 months and the leather colour started coming off in 3 large areas. Csl send out 2 different inspectors who disagreed with each other. First said excessive use(my wife and myself) or pet damage, definitely not caused by our dogs. I was asked what I wear when I sit on the sofa,!!!. We had to pay £47 for the Second inspector who rubbed a piece of kitchen roll on it but nothing came off. He said its not either and it's something in the house breaking the leather down. Incredible. We refused to have it coloured and patched as it cost £2,000. The seats are now not being used and they aren't prepared to take it further. Disgusted

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
That'll be a trip to the Small Claims Court then, take some photos of the damaged areas now and if you haven't already got them, ask for the reports in writing, you certainly shouldn't have paid for a report unless you commissioned it, put that on the claim as well.

People please note, do not buy a CSL sofa with the intention of sitting on it :rolleyes: