Rebel Frank Field leads calls for curbs on migrants

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
The renegade at work once again...

Mr Field is my local MP and he has always been something of a thorn in the side of the Labour leadership, it was he who first realised the effects of the 10p tax law (and caused a stir) and he has done the same on matters of social welfare and immigration for a while now. Possibly at the expense of moving higher up the pecking order at within the cabinet.

While I am no great lover of any political party, I do admire someone who refuses to toe the "party line" and stands up for their conviction. I certainly feel that many people in the country have strong polarised views on immigration here, though what can actually be done constructively and effectively to stop the illegal trade is more to the point. I do hope he is doing this for the right reasons, and not simply trying to court favour with the electorate on an emotional, yet complex, issue ahead of the next election.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Perhaps he has been told to do this or lose his job to make up for the 10p tax issue that he brought to everybody's attention. Who knows???