Total Fitness Membership and Refused Entry

nikkicattrell

Oct 11, 2009
I have a query regarding my Total Fitness membership. I have paid a one off fee to the end of 31st December and according to their email have committed to 0 joining fee and £100 charge. There is nothing listed regarding membership term anywhere either in the "deal" or their T&C's. Their T&C's state : 4. Unless the Member, four weeks before expiration of the current membership, gives the Company written registered notice terminating the same the Member agrees that Membership shall automatically continue for a further year on the same terms as herein stated save that the payment due shall be the then ruling Membership Rate. Membership cards are renewable at the time membership becomes renewable.

Therefore I intended to cancel before the end of the year when I am paid up until mainly as they are now insisting I am tied in for another 12 months and are refusing me entry to the gym without my bank details - even though I have paid for the services for the next 3 months.

Help! I am really angry about this as I feel as though I am being pushed into another contract that I haven't agreed to, and am being refused services I have already paid for! :mad: