Refund deposit - photosession

Helios

Oct 12, 2009
Hi, I gave a deposit over the phone for a photoshoot day and was told the deposit was refundable and can be refunded at my appointment as the photoshoot itself is free, you only pay for the photos you want. I have emailed them to cancel but they say the deposit can only be refunded if I attend the photoshoot. They have written that the terms and conditions stated this but I was not given any terms or conditions until they replied to my cancellation request. Am I entitled to my refund? Please can someone help?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
How much time has elapsed since making the booking and phoning to cancel?

Tony

Helios

Oct 12, 2009
Thanks for the reply Tony... was called by them and booked it on 18th Sept... sent an email cancellation on 10th October

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
You have to cancel within seven days of making the payment otherwise you are stuck with the terms of the contract. I have been caught by these before. Free photo shoot, but fantastic photos that cost a fortune.

Tony

Mimisha

May 29, 2016
They have changed the name of this place a few times - used to be Lovin studio, then Makeover studio. It is now called Premier Photoshoot - probably because of all the bad reviews. The address is still 57 Warren Street. There is currently an offer on Groupon : I strongly recommend you to avoid it.

First of all, it starts with the make up and hair. The lady who does it is basically the receptionist. Don't expect it to be a pampering experience, it is as if your friend was doing your make up for you. She is a sweet young lady, but definitely not a professional. The make up she uses is cheap and looks quite dated.

Then after 1 hour wait, your photoshoot experience starts. The studio itself looks cheap. The photographer is ok I guess, not very creative though, always asking you to take the 2-3 same poses. Mine was a Pregnancy photoshoot, and most of my shoots looked the same.

The worst part of the experience is the photos viewing. The sales person was very pushy, intimidating and made it very clear that we wouldn't leave unless we pay for more pictures, each picture being 100 pounds minimum! With the Groupon deal, you only get 2 non air brushed A4 print outs, which is ridiculous. So basically non professional quality pictures. No digital copy, nothing else. The guy makes a 30 minutes speech where he explains that no one has never left without paying more. He told us that Groupon keeps all the 19 pounds that we paid, and that the deal they have with Groupon is just to drive customers into the studio so that they can buy pictures after the shooting. Obviously your "booking fee" is never refunded.

We left paying 100 pounds extra, + 20 pounds booking fee and 19 pounds for the Groupon deal...for 3 pictures in total.

The worst experience ever. I felt so silly when I left, not even happy with what should have been my special day.