Purchase of clothing on Internet

karen222

Oct 21, 2009
In August I purchased some pyjamas from Style Lingerie via the Internet. I paid for these and the pyjamas were dispatched and arrived about 5 days later. They were not what I thought I had ordered and the advert was misleading.

I called them and left a message explaining all on their voicemail system. In the message I left my phone number and email for them to contact me. No response. I then sent them an email 2 or 3 days later, again no response. I also sent a letter stating all of the facts. No response.

I checked their website and a message was displayed for 2 weeks plus that they were "on holiday" and NOT to return any items during this time. I kept on checking the Website and it changed to "Internet site is being updated" this was again 2 to 3 weeks.

For the above reasons of not being able to get a response despite constantly trying to contact them by phone, email and letter I have NOW had a response from them! This is after threatening them with legal action via a letter sent 2 days ago from me. They stated since I have returned the pyjamas beyond the 14 days stated on their website they are not obliged to refund my payment! Obviously, supposedly their story, they have been "unavailable" - Can anyone help me please with any suggestions?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I then sent them an email 2 or 3 days late
Where these e-mails send within 7 days of your receiving the PJs and did state that you wanted to cancel the order and return the item in that e-mail?

Tony

karen222

Oct 21, 2009
Dear Tony

Style Lingerie have a 14 day return policy and email and letter were sent within that period. The email was sent via their website so unfortunately I don't have a record and can't prove that I sent the letter when I did - I think i'm at a deadend - thanks for response, Karen

karen222

Oct 21, 2009
Dear Tony

Thanks for the encouragement to pursue - I did ring them within the first 7 days to say that they were not what I had ordered and was not happy. This was transferred to an electronic email at their end (according to their website). I sent a letter around 10 days or so after that. Do you think I can still pursue? If so, what might be best course of action?

Thanks again
Karen

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I reckon it is worth sending them a formal letter with a threat of reporting them to Trading Standards, if the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction within 14 days.

Tony