It's not what you know...!

As an eBay seller has a buyer successfully disputed an item transaction? And why?

• Buyer claimed “Item Not Received”

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buyer claimed damaged goods after delivery

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Buyer claimed items "Significantly not a described"

• Buyer claimed items did not fit

• Dishonest Buyer claimed one or more of the above

• Buyer changed their mind

• Other

• Total voters

smacd74

Oct 24, 2009
When it's comes to selling on ebay, it is definitely "who you know" - seems to be a struggle to sell anything these days without someone trying to cause problems!
I am a wannabee "easy does it with ebay" seller! Just need to get help from people who want to listen and if I can help others, even better...:)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I have never had a problem with ebay, but I have only sold about 10 things over as many years.

Tony

smacd74

Oct 24, 2009
I seem to have bad luck, I guess! From what I can gather, it is quite difficult to actually win your case - even when you are in the right with any Paypal dispute. However, I am determined to. I will let you know how I get on with my case.
Many thanks:rolleyes:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The only advice I can give you with Paypal disputes is to follow their instructions careefully and do not communicate with the buyer unless through the dispute system

Tony

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
My sister had her account cancelled by e-bay because a buyer disputed something ... my sister put in the advert UK buyers only, a woman from German bid and won, and three days after payment filed a dispute as she had not received it, my sister answered the dispute ... it actually took 17 days for the package to get to Germany, my sister's account was cancelled as she breached the terms by accepting a non-UK bid, the buyer was refunded all of her money through PayPal, and got to keep the bag full of childrens clothes.

Very, very bad on the part of ebay and PayPal.

She now has a new account, with which she has had no problems. I wish I'd known about this forum at the time, I might have been able to help her dispute the claim.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I use ebay quite a lot and, for the most part, have always found it a great way to buy and sell. However, I have sold things twice now to a bidder who has just never materialised. Although I spoke to them afterwards on the phone a couple of times they never actually got around to coming and picking up the item. Irritating but, on the whole, ebay I love you!