lg 42 5010 tv

nakka

Oct 28, 2009
hi just wondered if any one could help ? brought a lg 42 inch lcd tv from currys 10 months costing me nearly £800. the picture has gone already its still under 12 month warrenty so i rang currys who booked an engineer to come out, i have had to wait 8 days with no tv which really made me angry, they didn,t give me the tv and then asked me to bring the money in 8 days later, i expected to wait about 3 but not 8 anyway besides the point, he,s come this morning very prompt mind you 28/10/09 and he,s not an engineer at all he is just a collection driver he has took the tv away and told me i should get it back for the weekend i was fuming, i also asked him roughly what would it cost to have a new mother board in if it wasn,t still under warrenty he said they can cost up to £200. my point is if it happens again when the warrenty runs out its going to cost another couple of hundred quid to mend on top of the £800 i paid for it which i find unbelievable, i just want to know were i stand on asking for my money back and getting a different make. i,m not one to complain but to pay so much for a tv then for it to burn out after 10 months is unacceptable. look forward to any help thank g.h.:mad:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Nakka,

You can't ask for your money back unless there are more than three failed repair attempts. Also remember that the warranty is in addition to your statutory rights and you would be covered by these for longer than one year for an expensive item like a TV.

Tony

nakka

Oct 28, 2009
thanx for reply tony, so what your saying is that if my picture goes again after the 12 month warrenty runs out i can still demand they repair it free of charge under my staturey rites, i,ve been checking on problems on these new flat screen lcd tv,s and it seems there are a lot of problems arrising to them, i,m going to get in touch with bbc,s watchdog i feel this needs bringing to the attention of the public a tv which you pay nearly £800 for should last longer than 10 months.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi, yes that's correct, although after six months you may have to prove it has an inherent fault.