Screenwash has stained my car

darren2385

Oct 29, 2009
Hello

I used one of the £1 machines at a Tesco petrol station to fill my car with screenwash.

However it had run out so all I was getting was water.

I went into the petrol station and they offered to come out and change the bottle in the machine.

The first lady that came out was new and didnt know how to change the bottle - so i was waiting a while.

A 2nd lady came out and because of the fuss she mixed a set of solution in the empty bottle and proceeded to fill my car with the screenwash - she offered to do this for me because I didn't want to get it on my hands.

Now 2 days later I have noticed the front and back of my car is covered in blue screenwash - I have tried to remove a small amount with a damp tissue and although the excess has come off, a faint stain can still be seen on the bodywork.

What should I do that ensures tesco take responsibility? Also the machine did not give me a receipt (it doesnt have receipts!)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
So I guess the screen wash was mixed incorrectly and was too strong and stained your car. You need to act fast get the names of the staff involved and speak to the manager in the first instance explaining the situation to see what remedy they suggest.

Tony