freebie sites...

barbarp

Facilitator
Aug 20, 2008
Dorset
As much as these are mind bendingly irritating occassionally, I did find them very useful as a new mum because you do find that some like magic freebies have links to things like product testing for things like cleaning products, nappies etc which may not seem like much but every little counts :D

What happens is they send you the stuff , you use it and either answer a 5 min questionaire or email them to say how you've found it. Some will want to ring you but I normally say no because they always do it at the most inconveinant times.

It's worth having a trawl round the internet and if anyone's interested/it's appropriate then I'll dig out some addresses.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The addresses would be good as I guess, like everything, there are some dodgy ones : )

lilnelly1983

Sep 9, 2008
Yes, I like freebies as well. Most I have requested have arrived but there's also some that don't depending on demand I would presume

freebielist(dot)com is good and also freestuffjunction(dot)co.uk

It's funny but when the freebies actually arrive, they're so mini and cute you hardly want to touch them. I have a habbit of lining them up on my window ledge. Yep I know, get a life...

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Dodgy sites ?

I don't know whether they are "dodgy" or not, but I have seen a number of sites promising "freebies" such as PS3's, HD Televisions etc, but when you look at the site, you have to subscribe to receive an item and then get around 20-30 of your family and friends to do the same on similar items (usually magazine subscriptions etc). Which makes it somewhat implausible that you can actually get anything for free at all.

I also worry that these sites use all the email, phone numbers and addresses provided to bombard you with junk.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I have registered with a couple of online survey sites. The really annoying thing is that they invite you to take part in a survey for which you will be paid anything from £1 upwards. I have then filled in about ten questions and then at the end I am always told that on this instance I didn't fulfil the right criteria for them in order to proceed with the questionnaire. But I feel as though I have already answered questions for them, providing them with necessary data for nothing ............... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I've used freebie sites before (freestuffjunction.co.uk being one), and got free samples of beauty products, foods, and household items such as dishwasher tabs.

Some of the samples I use, some I give away, others I save for days out and weekends away, such as samples of shampoos and wipes.

There are some good freebies listed on freebie websites and also a lot of rubbish.

Most of the listings on the sites are direct links to companies' web pages where you simply have to fill in your details.

The downside is that the companies will bombard you with emails, though you can unsubscribe from these once you have received your freebie.

In response to Jorumian's post, I agree that any site that offers a free HD Television or PS3 is not giving anything away at all, and is probably some form of scam.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Hi, I think I have now learned that you don't really get anything for nothing. I have registered with a couple of the freebie sites listed here -but be warned everybody else - it takes FOREVER to register!! Sit yourselves down with a cup of tea and take the phone off the hook if you're going to do this. But, TracyG, I shall look forward to getting some lovely stuff through the post. Once again, thanks for the tips.