New Car not fit for purpose

sharon

Oct 30, 2009
After owning my brand new car for 3 months I parked it, 10 mins later it hit a house. The hand brake failed. since then (5wks so far) it has been in the garage at the dealership awaiting a decision as to who to is responsible to pay. I have paid nearly £200 on temporary insurance for the basic lowest model car the dealership has given me. I have continued to pay finance and obviously paid road tax for a car I cannot use. I feel the handbrake was not fit for purpose and the timescale and cost to myself are unacceptable.
What do you think? I ring them daily and just keep getting told there is no decision yet. When I ask to speak to a manager they tell me there is nothing they can do!!!!

Sharon:mad:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Sharon,

They are responsible! You can use the small claim process to get a judge to decide. If I were you I would write them a letter stating that you are going to start legal proceedings unless this matter is resolved within two weeks and state that time is now of the essence. If they do not respond start a small claim for all your out of pocket expenses and repair of the car.

Tony