BBC Watchdog: The new BBC iD sign in system

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
New BBC iD sign in system FAQs

BBC iD is the new sign in system for BBC Online. It's currently being rolled out across all services that require a user to register or sign in.

On Monday November 2nd we'll be switching all of the BBC's blogs to BBC iD from the previous BBC membership system. And in the New Year our message boards and other communities will be heading down the same route.

By March 2010 BBC iD will be the single sign in for all BBC Online services. If you have an existing BBC membership account for blogs, message boards or other services at some point in the next few months you will be automatically prompted to upgrade to BBC iD.

We do need to replace the old system, but we don't underestimate the inconvenience the transition will represent for some of our users. We apologise for this and hope that you will find the service improvements that BBC iD will support over the coming months for example, working on mobiles - make it all worthwhile.

We've tried to answer the questions you may have about the new system here.

If we've missed anything, please let us know. Most users should be able to upgrade their account from a BBC membership to a BBC iD when prompted with a minimum of fuss.

We'll be keeping you up to date with the roll-out of BBC iD via the BBC Internet blog.

NB: There's one thing you will need to think about if you have more than one BBC membership account:
If you have more than one BBC membership you'll only be able to upgrade one of those accounts to BBC iD using your preferred username and email address. That BBC iD account will retain links to your previous membership account and any comments and posts you made using it. So if you have more than one BBC membership, make sure you upgrade your favourite one.

New BBC iD sign in system FAQs

The new BBC iD sign in system

Joy2theworld

Oct 10, 2009
I have watched watch dog every since it first appeared on tv on nationwide with Hugh Scully. Sadly the BBC ruined a great program by increasing its 30 minutes format merging two separate programs totally unnecessarily, employing over rated, over paid witch to present it, trying to make the show funny with silly songs the list continues

Despite my complaint and I know I am not the only one, BBC do not listen neither did they when the decreased the bitrate of BBC HD

I am so close to telling BBC they know what they can do with there licence fee

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Yes I agree an hour is too long, but I suppose it is cheap TV and more efficient to make 60 minutes rather than 30 minutes. I hate the way everything is dragged out, just make the point and move on to the next story.