Oh my god ... online shopping is great!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Ok ok, I know I have queried it on these forums several times but online grocery shopping (sorry to the small independent shops who I swore I would be loyal to) really is the answer. I have been doing this for two or three weeks now and really have saved a fortune. I think I have probably cut my weekly budget by about £150. I plan all my meals. By the end of the week my cupboards are bare but I have eaten a good healthy and original meal all week and my children have not once had sausages or fishfingers!! Hurray. I am a late convert but a convert nonetheless.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
And even better (sorry had to add this) I have got three free bottles of very nice plonk off them so far. Brilliant! Plus a newspaper thrown in. I am a fan.

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
The only draw back I've found, is that the supermarket I use, provide fruit and veg that go out of date within a day or two ... and i still order a whole weeks supply, which means, the pears are decomposing in the fruit bowl after a couple of days.

ANother draw back is they like to substitute with more expensive items, but Tesco have now said where they do, will only pay the price you were expecting too, if they substitute with something cheaper, they charge you the lower price.

I'm not sure I've saved any money shopping online, but I do have a better range of food in the pantry and freezer.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I use Ocado who I used to think of as really expensive and only for rich people. However, they often have a Tesco price match and their fruit and veg are really good quality. So convert and see if it makes a difference. (Promise I don't work for them!). Also, if you pay with a John Lewis Partnership card which I've just got, you get points or vouchers or something to spend at John Lewis. So next year's Christmas presents will all come from there!

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
Ahhh the Ocado man won't deliver to me ... as its more than 30 miles to the nearest Waitrose ... but I do love Waitrose food, having lived 5 minutes walk from Waitrose once upon a time, I miss their food so much.

Snippa

Jan 12, 2010
It is really especially worth it if you live in an expensive area like London. Other places that have a lower cost of living and cheaper groceries sometimes are comparable.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
That's a good point Snippa. I get so used to the cost of big city living that I'm always slightly shocked whenever I step out of the smoke to buy anything. Much much cheaper.