Hi from Scotland. Needing advice!!

arkadian

Dec 2, 2009
Hi,

sorry about that, but I don't know where to post...
Some 6 months ago I purchased a portable baby monitor (you know, one of those walkie-talkie like thingys that you use to know whether your baby is crying when in another room) through a third party on Amazon UK. The monitor works fine, only the battery is useless/not charging (making the monitor not portable at all)
As instructed on the Amazon website I tried to contact the "marketplace seller" (as the call it on Amazon), but they are simply not answering to my e-mails (so far I sent them about 7); then I contacted Amazon, but they are saying that since 90 days have now passed, there is nothing they can do as the seller is someone else. I tried to tell them that this is against my statutory rights, however their reply is:
"Please note that, although Amazon.co.uk is not involved in individual transactions between buyers and seller, we do try to compensate participants should transactions fall through.

However as stated in our Participation Agreement, to which all participants agree before buying or selling on our site, this service does have a time limit of 90 days. This is also mentioned in our online Help Desk pages and can be found through the following link:

[LINK REMOVED Help*>*Make Money at Amazon.co.uk*>*Amazon.co.uk Marketplace*>*Buying at Amazon.co.uk Marketplace*>*A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee Protection[/url]

As this time limit has lapsed, in this case you are not eligible for our A-z Guarantee. We once again advise you to contact the organisations below in order to receive further assistance:

==================================================
National Criminal Intelligence Service
[LINK REMOVED]

The Citizens Advice Bureau
[LINK REMOVED]

Office of Fair Trading
[LINK REMOVED]

UK Serious Fraud Office
[LINK REMOVED]

==================================================

We urge you settle this issue outside of Amazon and with the seller directly.

Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences this issue may have caused.

We hope that you will understand our procedure. Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk."
Since the vendor (who is not some bloke, but a shop that gets a lot of business through Amazon) is not talking to me, what can I do?

Thanks for your help.

A.

arkadian

Dec 2, 2009
Hhmmm, I think I should have posted in "other goods and services"...
Sorry about that. Couldn't find an "edit" button to delete this post and put it under the correct category, so I'll leave it here for now hoping that someone will be willing to give me some suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

arkadian

Dec 2, 2009
More info: Just heard back from Amazon, who, in short, are not interested. Here is their e-mail:

Please be assured that we understand your concern regarding this order. I have reviewed our previous correspondence and your order.

I understand that you would like to contact the seller but i regret to say that we are unable to contact sellers on behalf of our customers.

Please understand that the information provided in our last message correctly represents our policy at this time.

As my colleague previously mentioned, Please note that, although Amazon.co.uk is not involved in individual
transactions between buyers and seller, we do try to compensate participants should transactions fall through.

However as stated in our Participation Agreement, to which all participants agree before buying and/or selling on our site, this service does have a time limit of 90 days. This is also mentioned in our online Help Desk pages and can be found through the following link:

amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3149571

Amazon.co.uk: Help*>*Make Money at Amazon.co.uk*>*Amazon.co.uk Marketplace*>*Buying at Amazon.co.uk Marketplace*>*A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee Protection

As this time limit has lapsed, in this case you are not eligible for our A-z Guarantee. We once again advise you to contact the organisations below in order to receive further assistance:
(see previous message for a list)

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Sorry, I don't have any advise for you but just wanted to sympathise. The internet is great, I find, until it all goes wrong. Then, trying to make contact with a seller can be a long and laborious process. I didn't manage to have any contact with a seller on ebay but thankfully got my money back through paypal. Good luck anyway!

arkadian

Dec 2, 2009
Update

Hi there,

got a new reply from Amazon. Not sure whether it is going to work, but at least now they are saying they are doing something...
I enclose my latest message and their reply.

Andrea

Comments:Hi again,

so, let me get this straight:

1) XXX are refusing to speak to me

2) You don't care that a) my item is defective and b) XXX (who operate on Amazon) refuse to address the issue in any way, shape or form.

3) You are refusing to contact the seller on my behalf to ask for clarifications

Pray, how am I supposed to escalate this matter if I do not have any way of contacting XXX? I looked on the website, but there is no contact number or address, but still you will not get involved.
This has been going on for quite some time. Had I realized there was such a stringent time limit (which I believe is illegal as it goes against my statutory rights which supersede any other warranty or promise) I would have contacted you straight away.
As you allow XXX to operate on your site, you are duty-bound to address this issue.

Thanks,
And their reply

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you have experienced with this item and for any disappointment caused.

We do understand that the seller "XXX" is not responding to your query and can understand your concerns in this regard as you have received a defective item and you are unable to contact the seller. My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

As we are also unable to contact the seller from our end.

To serve you better and to provide you with a solution, I have forwarded your message to our internal team who monitor seller activities and investigate possible violations of our policies and awaiting a response from them.

We will contact you again by December 07, 2009 with a solution for this issue.

I understand the inconvenience caused for being asked to wait further without an immediate action.

However, please note that this additional period will give us the time to take right actions upon your order. Hope this matter is resolved to your fullest satisfaction.

I am sorry that you have found this shopping experience disappointing. Even though your purchase was made from a third-party seller, we can see that it may influence your decision to visit our website again. I hope the issue will be resolved shortly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi,

Have you tried to find a phone number for them on the web? Do they have a website? Do you have a company name?

Did the item cost more than £100 and did you pay with credit card? Probably not.

arkadian

Dec 2, 2009
Hi Tony

Hi,

Have you tried to find a phone number for them on the web?
Not available. When you google them you you end up on the Amazon website
Do they have a website?
See above
Do you have a company name?
They do, but it is not of much use.
Did the item cost more than £100 and did you pay with credit card? Probably not.
Not and probably not... I used my Maestro.

Probably these are not the right answers to get a positive outcome. I just hope that Amazon are going to do something about it, if anything to see that I stop pestering them:D:D

A.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi,

You can always send them a letter to their postal address - recorded delivery

Tony

arkadian

Dec 2, 2009
Hi,

You can always send them a letter to their postal address - recorded delivery

Tony
yes, if only I knew it... There are no details on the internet. The only reference point I have is Amazon themselves. I stress that this third party seller has sold loads of stuff through them and their rating is quite high (although not stellar, about 92% approval rate), so I am surprised that they are unwilling to speak to me. There again, if they don't speak to me and Amazon are unwilling to do anything about it... they are fine:mad::mad:
Let's wait till the 7th when Amazon say I should hear what they are going to do.

A.