faulty carpet shading

BM1948

Dec 9, 2009
hi every one,
in may this year we moved house and as you do we bought new carpets from a small local but highly reputable and recomended carpet company. we have noticed over the last few months that the loung carpet has developed serious shadding and it is spoling the apperance of our room.
we invited coments from the supplier and he came to inspect, he then told me that this shadding was common and he could do nothing about it,but he would ask the manufacturers for there coments,but did not hold out any hope of recompence.
i informed him that as far as i was concerned it was his responsability as he adviced us on quality ,underlay and fitting and supplied all of the above not the cheapest i might add. and i told him i was not satisfied with the carpet and would like to take the mater further at which he spat out his dummy an did a quick exit saying " get on with it". which i though was very unprofesional.
what i would like to know is what i should do next. i have the recipt for the total job but it dose not show the price of each carpet, as we bought 3 in total and underlay, only the size and name of the individual carpet.
i would appreciate any comments and advice to try and sort out this problem and wether i'm wasting my time or not. thanks for your patience, regards BM :)