Orange sim on an iPhone

kinsane83

Dec 12, 2009
Hi

I was thinking of buying an pay as go iPhone 3gs. would i still be able to use my orange sim on it and can i still use my data allowance or would i need the iPhone tariff??

any replies will be much appriciated.
cheers.

draperm25

Dec 3, 2009
You can buy the PAYG iPhone off Orange and just put your simcard into the iPhone and carry on using your simcard with all your allowance with Orange, but be aware you need an unlimited internet add on as it is soo expensive to use the internet otherwise. With the PAYG iPhone on Orange you do get 12 months free internet when you purchase an PAYG iPhone. if its just a case of keeping the same number ring orange and they can put your phone number onto the iPhone simcard.

hope this helps

kinsane83

Dec 12, 2009
You can buy the PAYG iPhone off Orange and just put your simcard into the iPhone and carry on using your simcard with all your allowance with Orange, but be aware you need an unlimited internet add on as it is soo expensive to use the internet otherwise. With the PAYG iPhone on Orange you do get 12 months free internet when you purchase an PAYG iPhone. if its just a case of keeping the same number ring orange and they can put your phone number onto the iPhone simcard.

hope this helps

thank you but what if i bought the iPhone from elsewhere like ebay for example, does that mean i can use my 500mb data allowance from orange or will i have to buy/add on separate unlimited net??

cheers

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
As long as the iPhone you buy is suitable for orange, as in the UK they are only available on O2, Orange and now Tesco Mobile (I don't think they are available on Vodafone yet), then your orange sim card and allowances will still work in your phone.

kinsane83

Dec 12, 2009
cheers guys...its just that I've got a htc hero, not sure whether to change it for a iphone 3gs