Money debited again and again and again and again!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I paid for some curtains the other day over the phone. The person who took the payment phoned me back a few minutes later to say there was a problem with it and asked me to go through it again. I was then left (a very lovely) message by the same person saying they had accidentally taken my payment four times. How does this happen? Can anybody explain to me please. I'm very fortunate that I have such a whalloping overdraft (kind of!) and that that didn't completely scupper my plans to go away for a week. But it so could easily have done!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
That would have been nice but no they didn't. Although to be fair, they did let me buy the curtains from them a while ago and pay them monthly with no interest to ease the pain so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I need to add to this now as they've just phoned me back and told me I need to repay them the amount they sent out to me as actually the money wasn't taken from my account. I've just taken a look at my records and phoned up my credit card company and they say that it's gone out. So now they are having to set up an enquiry to see where the money has gone. Does anybody know how the enquiry proceeds?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I guess it is some kind of internal audit process in their case probably a bit like an episode of the muppets.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Thanks Tony! I used to love the muppets but not sure I would want an enquiry to be conducted like the show! Frightening thought. But you've inspired me for a career change and I may now become a fraudster as I obviously wouldn't get caught!