Hi, i'm new and at my wits end........advice please

salixx

Dec 29, 2009
I purchased a 1yr old car from ford on 31st March 2009 on Hire Purchase. At the time of purchase I was told I could not take the car as it had to go through various checks and have a full service. When I returned to collect the car I was told that the dealership had decided that a service was not neccessary as the car had only done 13 miles since its last full service do it hadnt been done but I was assured that there were no problems with the car. I happily drove it home.
On 15th May my steering seized and I had the car returned to have a new power steering bottle fitted. When I collected the car, it pulled to the left so I took it back to tell them the tracking was out. They refused to look at it and said there was no way there could be a problem becuse they hadnt done anything to do with the tracking. I ended taking it to another garage to have the tracking rectified.
There was then a query on my warranty which runs until October 2011. Because the 1st service was done late and at 15335 miles the dealer said I had to bring my service forward by 3 months so this year it should be 5th Nov, next year Dec and the following year, Jan so my warranty would remain valid. I booked it in for the service on 5th Nov 2009 and the outcome was 2 bald tyres (£165 each) and the rear brakes 80% worn! I wasnt a happy bunny to say the least. Then 2 weeks after the service the steering went again and this time needed a new steering rack.
I have been dealing with the finance company who seem to think its ok for the car to be repaired under warranty and tell me I have to talk to the dealer if I want a replacement, which now I do. I them telephoned trading standards who say the finance company should be dealing with it and not me. I have sent letters to the finance company stating my statutory rights and they are telling me that their quality assurance team will take uptp 8 weeks to make a decision as to what they will do and in the meantime I have to liase with the dealership. I dont know if im coming or going. And to top it off, I had a wobbly from wheel last week and called the RAC who informed me that the locking nuts were loose from when my steering rack was fitted!