help with damaged sofa from harveys

lib

Jan 7, 2010
hi ive bought a settee and chair frim harveys and it came 1 week beford xmas, it was damaged and i got in touch with them they sent out an inspector who offered us a repair we said no, the damage is lots of small holes in front of settee and chair holes underneath sett, blackmarks on both items frayed fabric on both items staples sticking out and staples on display when they shouldnt be. noone contacted me when they said they would i have since contacted them and they have gone ahead and ordered another one which i didnt want and they say i have to have the new one they ordered, i would have liked a reselection, but after their not nice attitude id now like a refund ,is this a reasonable demand ?the qualityof the sofa was not good and im being sent all over the place .please help

Janey1970

Jan 9, 2010
we got a table & chairs from harveys two years ago, they were faulty.we sat in the shop right at the front and stayed there until the manager came to speak to us as their telephone response was rubbish. i talked really loudly everytime a customer walked in about my rights to furniture fit for purpose. i sent a recorded delivery letter to their head office and eventually kept the furniture and got a 50% refund too !!!! make sure everything you do is in writing and recorded delivery, explain you are doing this should you need to ask for legal intervention. it took us a few weeks but we won in the end.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Yes make sure you are polite and persistent. I always find that goes a long way to helping. Always make a note of people you have spoken to and their names, etc. Keep a record of all communication. Good luck.

istranghero3000

Jan 28, 2010
I got the same problem with this store HARVEYS about 1 year now and still not sorted with this company and could be one of the worst problem I've got last year when i move to my new house, i bought a set of furniture's for my dining and for my living room, about 10 pieces of furniture's and about 5 of them are damage when they got delivered and it' been delayed for 2 weeks as well. dining table got a chip on the corner and 2 chairs the leathers been rip off and sideboard wobbly and the coffee table the steel wire are cut anf fallen apart its too dangerous maybe if you open and then if they cut maybe can goes to your eyes, they are all rubbish and damage furniture's really piising me off itsn not worth it the one that u paid for and took so ages to sort it out and the customer services is rubbish as well.then I decided to go to small claims court and then end with mediation services as well then go to court, then about 3 days before the court hearing harvey's called me and they want to settle out of the court and i agree with them for some reasons maybe i want to settle it because it taking so long already but that's the wrong DECISION I've ever done i agree to settle out of court but i haven't sign anything, but i should rather bring the case to the court and let the court decide! and now its been 3 months already since we settle out if the court and still i haven't receive my cheque for what we agreed on my damage furniture's and i only received 3 cheques worth £150 every time i called them. i give them 21 days from 6th Jan. 2010 to comply with the settlement that we agreed and if its not, i told them I'm going to continue the case on my local county court. And now still i haven't receive anything. As of now i hired a solicitor to act on my behalf and i put the case back to my local county court and let the Judge give a decision.All i can advise to you is to record all the the phone conversation and then and take a photos of your furniture. and if you really had enough claim it money claims online. it takes time but u need all your paper works and evidence so many hassle.

regards.
al

HarveysFurniture

Dec 15, 2009
UK
Hi istranghero3000, sorry to hear about your problem, if you'd like to contact us via - 0844 372 1000 and select option 2 I'd be more than happy to sort out any issues you may still have with our customer services. Does this sound okay?