bought a car from dealer with fault

zianiazi786

Jan 9, 2010
Hi Catriona happy new year: I belive you be able to help me on this.I bought the mercedes from a dealer.I paid the deposit and we agree that he will do the full inspection of the car,scrathes,radio button, glovebox will be sorted. He promised us the car will be of satisfactory quality.It was snowy when we went to see the car and all the roof very cover with ice.

But he left the car with me it was freezing and it was about 10 at night.He gave me all the doc and i paid him the money and he said every thing is ok.When i start the car i realised that Parking break is at fault and in the morning i went to mercedes garage and they quoted 1000 to fix the car.

In the morning i saw there are number of dents on the roof and body scratches are as it as and also i check with merceds people about the history they dont have any service history.i got the quote of 1000 form a body repairor.also i checked that the one of the mirror is broken.

I spoke to consumer people they asked me to sent him a letter. I have sent him a letter which he received.

Could you please advise me on that i have 4700 and car is not satisfactory as promised and dont trust the car.I want my money and want to return the car.he saying will try to repair the car from his own repairor whom i dont trust.Because he alredy did the full inspection.I want to repair from my own repirer.Firstly i would like my mony back if not at least a proper repairer of my choice.Could you please advise me on that.I got the witnesses and on a paper where he say he will do all the things.I am waiting for your response please i am stressed out.Thank Zia

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
If you have just received the car you might be able to reject the car and get your money back.

In terms of repairs you have to give them the opportunity to repair it you cannot choose your own service centre.

Tony

zianiazi786

Jan 9, 2010
Thanks a lot replying.I want my money back but is refusing.i sent him a letter.on 6/01/10 sent him a letter i want to claim the repair but i found out from mercedes people that there is no service history.So i chnged my mind and sent him another letter that because no service history i want to reject the car.What do you advise me on that would i be able to get money back and is it ok to drive the car for time being.

thanks
zia

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It is normally quite hard to reject anything, I think the best thing you can do is contact consumer direct - see the number at the top of the page. There are so many factors that have to be taken into account and they will be able to do this quicker over the phone to ascertain whether you have a good case or not for rejecting the car

Tony