Big girl's blouses

barbarp

Facilitator
Aug 20, 2008
Dorset
It still continues to amaze me that the UK clothing market still doesn't appear to have got it's sizing issue sorted out!!
Primark and peacocks are particularly bad because their sizes really aren't representative and seem to bear very little relationship to reality. New Look as well. I'm sorry, are all girls over a 16 supposed to walking round saying unclean?
They don't seem to appreciate the amount of buisness they're losing and as for snotty sales girls who sneer at me weeeeeellll {No I'll keep that thought to myself..}
I actually took a size 18 jean from another shop in the same style and everything into peacocks the other day and the measurements were over 1 1.2 inches different!!!.

I do ind evans very good, as are M&Co but they are focused more at older women with a small range for the younger.
A lot of shops need to sort out their sizing and pay more attention to the fact that we're all getting bigger {taller for one thing, I dream of a pair of long enough trousers} and start doing decent size clothes because the last time I saw anyone the same size as Kate Moss, they were a 13 year old bulemic!!:confused:This is what we should aspire to look like....

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
Clothes Sizing

The problem of sizing also applies to men's clothes too...My waist size appears to be either 32 or 34, depending on where I shop. I even have one pair of shorts that are 36, but still fit (if a little baggy).

I've not measured each of these to see how accurate the sizing is...but it would appear that this is not really so.

Interestingly, my wife is pregnant at the moment and she is finding it increasingly difficult to find clothes that she likes as she gets bigger...so I can sympathise with you on this one...