E-victims.org: PayPal stil scammers choice

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Scammers want two things control over your computer and access to your money. The scam below allows them to do both.

They want you to think your PayPal account has been compromised so you react quickly - without thinking.

They want you to download a file - which will infect your computer either to add it to their botnet or so they can snoop on your computer - often it is both.

The email SAYS it is  from Paypal cust_serv@online-paypalsecurity.com. It is a fake email address and the email comes from Finland not the US or UK.

Other clues is that the email doesn't say which account they are talking that is because it is sent out to thousands of people. They use the word "ensure" when they meant "insure". But most importantly, it was sent to me and I don't have a PayPal account.

We recently have determined that different computers have logged into your account, and multiple password failures were present before the login. Therefore your account has been limited.

Please...

PayPal stil scammers choice

Trubble

Mar 15, 2010
Hi, I have just received one of those emails....and this is the company info of the ********* that are behind the scam

Whois Record

Domain Name: ONLINE-PAYPALSECURITY.COM
Registrar: MONIKER

Registrant [2492494]:
Moniker Privacy Services
Moniker Privacy Services
20 SW 27th Ave.
Suite 201
Pompano Beach
FL
US

alivesey

Jul 13, 2010
Hi
My son just had someone called Morris Wood (who has many aliases such as Mark Wood) trying to buy his motorbike and as he is an oceanographer and at sea needs to pay via PayPal. He helpfully puts a link to PayPal in case my son didn't have an account, the link was to the PayPal site but at the end he put a comma and the letter i which then carried on typing so it just looked like a typing error after the url for PayPal.:mad:

My son didn't follow the link to set up a PayPal account but it probably would have taken him to pages looking like he was setting up a PayPal account which requires you to put in all your bank account details etc.

Then the scammer takes all your money from your account, takes your identity, and you are done for.

Please be warned, look at hyperlinks with a magnifying glass and don't be scammed or phished!