unusual question

martin 666

Mar 2, 2010
I have an unusual question in that it is around waiving rights. I ordered a new car back in September last year and set up the finance for this at the time. The car has been a considerably long time in getting here and has finally arrived. I can now get the credit agreement finalized specifying the registration and allowing me to sign the agreement. The problem is that I now have to wait 14 days for the cooling off period before the loan is available. I would like to waive this as I have had the past 7 months to consider the agreement and am sure I am happy with the terms etc.

I have used a broker to obtain the loan and with the new legislation even if I sign the contract on the broker's site, face to face, the cooling off period still applies. Does anyone know whether there is a way for me to waive my right to a 14 day cooling off period?

perplexity

Mar 4, 2010
London UK
Article 22

Harmonisation and imperative nature of this Directive

2. Member States shall ensure that consumers may not waive the rights conferred on them by the provisions of national law implementing or corresponding to this Directive."
[2. of 22 of Directive 2008/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2008 on credit agreements for consumers and repealing Council Directive 87/102/EEC]

I would post a link to http: //eur-lex.europa.eu, but not allowed to