Ebay

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Do you think it's ok to buy a second hand television off ebay or that I'm asking for trouble and what I will get is bound to be rubbish/broken etc? I was just wondering whether there was an unwritten code of conduct that says you should never ever do that and that I'm about to do something really dumb!?

Henry

Mar 4, 2010
Just check the listing and make sure anything you're unsure about you ask the seller first.

If the product description says it's in good working order, and then it arrives and it isn't you can lodge a dispute resolution with Paypal - and if it's decided the TV wasn't as described, e.g. it's sold as working and turns up broken, they you'll be able to return the TV for a full refund plus postage costs.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Another thing I never think to do is look in newspapers for ads. Good idea. It's just getting the time to do these things. Actually, trying to save money all the time seems to take a lot of time and that's just something I don't seem to have a lot of. That's what we pay premiums for at the end of the day isn't it - convenience!

timminett

Jan 6, 2011
Is it even more dumb to buy, for example, a radio from ebay 'condition unknown' 'sold as seen', as the seller has no power lead?
Is it possible to send it back if it's found not to work at all on the grounds that the buyer neede to try it out himself?

timminett

Jan 6, 2011
Re: Ebay, faulty goods

Is it even more dumb to buy, for example, a radio from ebay 'condition unknown' 'sold as seen', as the seller has no power lead?
Is it possible to send it back if it's found not to work at all on the grounds that the buyer needed to try it out himself?