UK Drainage Network

Stephb1986

Mar 10, 2010
Just a warning to everyone never ever to use UK Drainage Network they are a bunch of cowboys. We have needed part our outside drain replaced for 5 WEEKS on friday!! They have cancelled coming out 5 times so far because of this than and the other.

Basically what happened was 5 weeks on friday my mum had a bath let the water out went and dried her hair I was downstairs next minute water was coming through the dining room ceiling. So I ran upstairs and water was coming out of the shower tray onto the floor and into the dining room/kitchen I got towels out of the cupboard to soak the water up. Little did I know that the bath water had passed over the toilet stack and gathered the proverbial in the water and was coming up in the shower tray all over the floor. We then also realised that the drain outside was blocked which then our stack had become blocked and nothing could go no where.

UK Drainage Network was coming out then this was a friday morning this happened so they were coming out at some point then at about 3pm we had a call saying they couldn't come that there was a problem. So we were sent another company out to unblock the drain they were here till about 8pm but in the mean time they had brought more sewage into the shower tray and jucuzzi bath!!! Munters had already been out and slashed the carpet in the dining room and bathroom also leaving dehumidifiers and fans to take the water and sanitised the floors. Don't forget this is sewage water!

So we were left like this over the weekend.

UK Drainage Network was then coming first thing Monday morning to inspect the drain we had a phone call saying the guy couldn't come because he was poorly and would come on Tuesday (Next day) We needed the drain to be cleared again as it had become blocked so they sent the other firm out again which they managed to clear the blockage bringing sewage up yet again.

Tuesday came and UK Drainage Network came out on Tuesday morning to inspect the drain the reason he was off the day before was because he had bad guts (Never heard of immodium I guess ) He put his camera down the drain had a look round and said that there was a lip in the drain 1.8 metres from our manhole cover towards next door. Next door the other side is on the drain too. He tried to get an answer from next door to do a dye test but got no answer (these are the neighbours from hell) And then evenutally they sent him a letter saying that they need to access his property and to forward the letter onto his insurance company so they can pay towards the drain. We haven't heard anything from next door they haven't been round. So Halifax Insurance have said they will cover the cost of the drain and recoup it from next door when the job is done.

Then UK Drainage Network decided that they needed permisson off the neighbour on the otherside to go onto his land they were going to send it first class post on a Friday evening it didn't come till the following Thursday! but in the meantime we rang them and had it faxed took it nextdoor and got it signed and faxed it back which they lost! so we sent it again!!

We then arranged for them to come out last Thursday they didn't come so they were coming the next day Friday didn't come there was a crisis. So they were supposed to be coming yesterday they couldn't come and today they were supposed to come as we had heard nothing we rang them at 9:30 this morning and asked what time will they be coming and they said we can't come now it will be tomorrow There has been nothing but problems with this company they are rude and unprofessional.

As for everything else we still have no carpets in the dining room, bathroom we are unable to use the shower it's been condemmned along with the bath as the sewage backed up that bad it had gone into the jets so when you turn them on you get covered in Sh it. So we are having to use my uncles bath which is 25 miles there and 25 miles back every other day.

Munters left the fans and dehumidifiers for 10 days and came back to check the lintle in the kitchen/dining room still had damp in it so then he decided to be clever and put the fan on the kitchen floor blowing up at the lintle so therefore circulating alsorts in the kitchen. We have all been bad with our stomachs since this happened.

In total we need a new celing in the dining room new floor in the bathroom, new shower tray & screen new bath, new carpets I could go on all day.

The Halifax Home Insurance isn't much better either. They have offered us to either

1. Stay in a Travelodge or B&B for two nights
2. Or £200 compensation for 3 of us that is £2.20 each per day we are using more than that in fuel to go to my uncles house which is a 50 mile round trip every other day!!!

This has been a total joke since day 1 with UK DRAINAGE NETWORK DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGEPOLE!!!

wastetech

Apr 29, 2010
A 'lip' does not usually mean that the drain needs replacing in order to cure the short term problem.

The lip causes solids to lodge there and these can build up over time and cause a blockage.

However, these are normally easily cleared using draining rods to break it up and 'poke' the blockage down the drain. Then flush with plenty of water and it is cleared. Draining rods can be bought cheaply from a builders merchants. I even saw a set in Lidl last week for £9.99!

Waste Tech Environmental Ltd.
Tel. 01757 288022

DanDryden

Aug 5, 2014
We had terrible drainage issues where nothing in our bathroom emptied properly. We found 1st Master Group. They were marvellous, diagnosed problem on same day and came out next day to start work. Couldn't recommend them highly enough.