My builder is trying to con me.Help

maria73

Mar 24, 2010
Hi,
I have hired a builder for my tiny bathroom and the cubicle size toilet room.Since last Tuesday he has done not lots of work,but pushed me to pay him £900 cash! he even took off a step without warning me so weh i entered my flat i fell off and left with my leg bleeding.I have bought all the materials and he only took tiles off the wall and floor and out a pipe between toilet and bathroom room and started a kinda step where the shower will go.Now he wants more money without giving me any receipts and without any real job done.Can someone please advise me?
Thank you.
PS his quote was £1100 and now he wants more for his "assistant" who i told him he dont need as the room is tiny.he moans every day and today even texted me he wants more money and am i playing him for an idiot.i said to him he never gave me receipts for the materials he "bought" (2 metalic pipes,2 big pieces of board and 2 pieces of wood and some cement and screws),I've advised him to give me the receipts so I know what to pay him as it doesnt justify £300 he says he paid for them.I dont want him to leave and leave that mess behind but i dont want to pay him more than i've paid him already again cause what if he leaves?? please note that i am never home so i dont know how many hours he is working or if he is using an assistant.also i think in 7 max 10 days all should have been done.also when he was supposed to be working he was travelling in other parts of london to quote for other jobs.how do i handle this?