American Express Cheated me.

ajron

Jan 30, 2018
I applied for a credit card with American Express. I did an eligibility check on American express website before applying for credit card with them. The check gave me a result of 9.5/10 chance for getting a credit card from them. Based on the eligibility check. I went forward and applied for a credit card and may application got rejected.

I contacted the American express customer care and enquired why my application got rejected. They replied that I didn't get 10/10 and 9.5/10 is not enough for getting accepted for the card.

I understand there are further checks, like credit score and other conditions will be considered for the application to get accepted. But in this occasion, I feel cheated.

I applied only because the possibility of getting the card was excellent. The lured me in applying for the card by giving me 95% chance of acceptance. Now that i have got rejected, it will be affecting my credit score. It is cheating and fake advertisement.

I contacted the Financial Ombudsman (set up by Parliament to resolve individual complaints between financial businesses and their customers), I got a reply that unless the money lending company offers you 100% chance of getting accepted, they are not doing anything wrong.

So Friends, Beware that even they are offering you 99% acceptance chance, still there is 1% chance that you will get rejected. And that 1 person out of 100 might be you !!