Apple iMac won't eject dvd

dundeejohn

May 29, 2013
Hi everyone, I bought an apple iMac from my local Apple store in Belfast in late 2010. Recently a disc has become stuck in the drive and I have been unable to get it out. I have tried all solutions that were offered on the internet with no effect so as a last resort I contacted the store where I purchased the iMac to explain the situation because I feel that for this to have developed a fault so quickly that I would be covered by THe Sale of Goods Act or The Limitations Act but I was informed straight away that I wasn't covered because the fault has to be there from the beginning. For this to have happened so quickly I would assume that this was defective from the beginning. I paid over £1000 for this iMac and I'm angry that a fault has developed so quickly. The computer was not misused in anyway. Has anyone else had to fight Apple to get a repair? Am I covered by these laws as I feel that I am? Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Of course you're covered. Faults don't have to exist from the point of purchase - that's another legal matter called 'acceptance'.

Under S.14 of the Sale of Goods Act, there is a clause whereby all goods must last a 'reasonable length of time'. And in my opinion at least, it is unreasonable for it to malfunction in 2 years taking into consideration the price, brand image and the expected product quality.

Give them a ring back, tell them they're talking tosh, and inform them of your 'durability' rights.