autoprotect van warranty

chimneycrete

Jul 9, 2012
50 days and less than 1,000 miles a used Mercedes sprinter 515 van I purchased from a Mercedes van dealer siezed up whilst I was driving it. I towed it to a Merc garage who stripped the engine down to reveal a siezed up bearing which had caused other damage the van requires a new engine Auto protect the warranty company took two weeks to inspect the van then decleared that my claim was not covered by warranty despite the van siezeing up at the side of the road suffering sudden stoppage all of the items that I am belieaved were covered by the warranty. The warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. Has any one else had problems with Autoprotect?

chimneycrete

Jul 9, 2012
They said that there had been a lack of oil getting to a main bearing on the crank although the oil had been changed by merc less than 1,000 miles ago, and the oil was at the correct level on the dipstick the coolant was also at the correct level.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Can't see they have a leg to stand on, for your part you must take reasonable care to maintain the vehicle, by ensuring the oil level is correct you have done this.

A quick search on the web shows many, many complaints of this company refusing to pay out on almost every possible breakdown.

I would start by asking the garage for a written report on the fault and it's causes.

Fortunately this is covered by the FOS but you also have the choice of taking them to the small claims court for the cost of the repair.