Bathroom Warranty After Company Went Bust

dani6almeida

Feb 15, 2020
I bought and installed my bathroom through Bathstore in December 2018 where I paid for a 5-year warranty. The company went bust last year. What happens to the warranty if I ever need to use it? Thank you.

Reactions: EdwardBrain

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi, thanks for posting your message in the forum. Is the warranty insurance backed and separate from the company. Also, did you pay with credit card?

dani6almeida

Feb 15, 2020
Hi. The warranty was provided by the company and not from a different company. I paid with credit card, however this was paid in 2 or 3 different instalments. Thank you.

Reactions: Tony

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi. The warranty was provided by the company and not from a different company. I paid with credit card, however this was paid in 2 or 3 different instalments. Thank you.
Great news about the credit card.

I had a similar problem with my wooden flooring and the credit card company paid for the replacement

It’s as if you bought from them

You are covered by section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, as long as it is not over 20k

the instalments doesn’t matter and your statutory rights cover you for 5years - 6 Scotland

https://whatconsumer.co.uk/consumer-credit-act-rights/

EdwardBrain

Mar 23, 2020
www.home-pick.co.uk
I bought and installed my bathroom through Bathstore in December 2018 where I paid for a 5-year warranty. The company went bust last year. What happens to the warranty if I ever need to use it? Thank you.
I think now you can't use the warranty.
your warranty card is useless now. if you need it, it's not helpful for you. so keep relax and thought positive.
you can't claim the warranty. my good wishes to you that you don't need the warranty.
good luck