Brand new BBC consumer affairs series 'The Legalizer' is looking people to take part

Elizabeth Tonbridge

Nov 11, 2011
New BBC 1 series “The Legalizer” has just gone into production and aims to show consumers how they can fight for their rights, through the courts if necessary. If you’re feeling cheated, ripped off or badly treated the producers want to hear from you.

“The Legalizer” is presented by a highly qualified barrister who will use his knowledge of the justice system to show citizens that they are not helpless and can use the law to resolve things for themselves.

The series aims to show viewers how the Small Claims Court process works and how they can get justice for themselves. Fulcrum TV, the producers, say they’d like to hear from people who feel that they are out of pocket through no fault of their own and want to take the matter further:

“We’re looking for people who feel they’ve been badly treated and want redress. They may have tried to return faulty goods and been refused or paid for a service that was never delivered”. But it’s not just goods and services that The Legalizer will investigate “we’ll be looking into variety of cases, particularly where vulnerable people have been taken advantage of or where the elderly have been pressured into buying things they just don’t need”.

If you, a friend or a relative feel you’ve been cheated or ripped off or you think you’ve tried everything to solve a problem but with no joy then contact “The Legalizer.” Tel: 020 3372 8521 Email: thelegalizer(at)fulcrumtv.com Write: The Legalizer, Fulcrum Television, 14 Bowden Street, London SE11 4DS

hydeee

Jul 20, 2014
Re: Brand new BBC consumer affairs series 'The Legalizer' is looking people to take p

11am day of my holiday (96 mile trip there & 96 miles on return)
- took car to a garage. Prognosis being 2 illegal rear tyre & 2 badly worn & unsafe front tyres.
Called the company eagle motors - apparently the are'nt trading anymore theyve sold the business on! they told me to drive the car to their garage advised malik the outcome as per tyre pros he fully knowing the car was not roadworthy insisted on me driving all the way to the main place in Luton Beds. After thoughts of the risk to both my small child & I, I declined the offer to drive the unroadworthy car. I was given price for 4 new tyres, I told malik the price & he said call my manager 'sayid' I called & he told me no I wont pay for tyres or collect car nor reimburse me - despite the facts then said the company is no longer trading not his responsibility & has now sold the business.
Ive checked with companies house they are still trading under the same name eagle motors luton ltd
despite the change of name their email address is still eagle motors the website is identical (all but the name) name is now 'Haadi
18th July the turbo went ka-put! on way home the garage wouldnt recover the car so I had to under protest pay £174. Still now the car is on my driveway!! have had to hire a car £359.00 inc 200 as deposit

Please I'd appreciate your help on this.... as no idea what I can / cant do about this legally.

hydeee

Jul 20, 2014
Re: Brand new BBC consumer affairs series 'The Legalizer' is looking people to take p

New BBC 1 series “The Legalizer” has just gone into production and aims to show consumers how they can fight for their rights, through the courts if necessary. If you’re feeling cheated, ripped off or badly treated the producers want to hear from you.

“The Legalizer” is presented by a highly qualified barrister who will use his knowledge of the justice system to show citizens that they are not helpless and can use the law to resolve things for themselves.

The series aims to show viewers how the Small Claims Court process works and how they can get justice for themselves. Fulcrum TV, the producers, say they’d like to hear from people who feel that they are out of pocket through no fault of their own and want to take the matter further:

“We’re looking for people who feel they’ve been badly treated and want redress. They may have tried to return faulty goods and been refused or paid for a service that was never delivered”. But it’s not just goods and services that The Legalizer will investigate “we’ll be looking into variety of cases, particularly where vulnerable people have been taken advantage of or where the elderly have been pressured into buying things they just don’t need”.

If you, a friend or a relative feel you’ve been cheated or ripped off or you think you’ve tried everything to solve a problem but with no joy then contact “The Legalizer.” Tel: 020 3372 8521 Email: thelegalizer(at)fulcrumtv.com Write: The Legalizer, Fulcrum Television, 14 Bowden Street, London SE11 4DS
Hi

Is this an option as I have so far not got anywhere with my credit card company under the section 75 claim basis ...?