buying a new caravan

jue

Jul 16, 2008
i would just like it known to people who intend to buy a new caravan

there are really big pitfalls in doing so

do u know if you buy one for around 38 thousand pounds, after two years of owning this,if you need to sell it you get back 12 thousand back,, this is the list value even if your caravan is in pristine condition, it is the case, i know mine was imaculate thats what i got for it. please be aware

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Wow, I didn't realise that the depreciation was so high on a caravan. I am sorry to hear that you lost out. So would you say that you should always buy a second-hand caravan.

Tony

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
I wonder how many nights in a nice hotel could be had for the £26,000 depreciation of a caravan over three years...Assuming a £100 per night charge, this is 260 nights in top accommodation...and this is about nine months!! Moreover, with a caravan, fuel costs must go through the roof thus adding to the charge...

Personally, I don't undertstand the appeal of caravans and the depreciation that is experienced by owners could be argued as a fair motorway congestion charge!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Camping and caravaning is great for families as it gives the kids so much freedom and the parent's so much peace. It is win win. Hotels can be a nightmare with kids