Car accident over 1yr ago

Mickyp1504

Feb 24, 2014
Hi all new to the forum and just looking for advice. Here's what happened so far. Last January 2013 i had a car accident where other driver immediately admitted fault. I was hit from drivers side banging my head on the window and was in excruciating pain at my doctors i was diagnosed with chronic whiplash. I was sent to see a physio and a medical expert who determined my future employment would not be affected. I was off work till mid May then returned on reduced hours. I am a home delivery driver so the work load is quite hectic and heavy. I had been in pain since January 2013 so my doc sent me for an MRI scan at end of April 2013 this showed disc bulges and cervical lordosis and kyphosis. Also some degeneration which i was told was normal. I was still in considerable pain even with medication that by October i was off work again when my shoulder gave up on me. My doc sent me back for another MRI scan this on showed more bulges and the lordosis and kyphosis was still there along with loads of impingement of the bulges onto my spinal cord and also on the right exiting nerve roots. This all seemed to be worse for returning to work. My doc also sent me to see a musculoskeletal physiotherapist who recommended a neurosurgeon. So that's the medical bit. This is what has happened so far Last November 2013 the insurance settled and payed me £3850 for the injury this was before the second scan at end of November but also added that if anything happened in future or i didn't recover by the 18 months since accident i could ask them to re look at this offer. To be honest they have paid for any treatment and physio i have had. I not received my loss of earnings to date as now with the second scan (November 2013) they are looking at the claim again as i now have to go see a Neurosurgeon due to other developed symptoms. I have also been laid off work due to Capability. My employer did not have other suitable roles for me which was fair enough as i am still in a lot of pain and often suffer dizziness and back my goes into spasm which then makes me unable to do anything physical or even sit still. What i would like is advice on whether i should get a solicitor to look at the injury settlement and the loss of earnings as nothing much seems to be happening and i am still waiting on my neurosurgeon appointment from the insurance company concerned. They seemed very alarmed that i needed to see a surgeon and i had given them a referral letter from my doc as recommended by the musculoskeletal physiotherapist. Life has certainly changed for me since the accident and i'm at loss what to do with myself now. Some advice would be gratefully received.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You haven't got anything to lose by going to see a solicitor as they will recover their costs as part of your claim but chose your solicitor carefully, don't go to a no win no fee accident management company